Hi, Donovan Baarda wrote:

> The only limitation is python-distutils requires the default
> python, ie you can't install python2.2-distutils without python (2.3)
> and hence python2.3.

I'd say we can live with that -- people who need an older Python version
installed for support of legacy applications almost certainly have the
default python package installed anyway.

This solution certainly beats the other alternatives.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
It is the height of absurdity to sow little but weeds in the first half of