On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:33 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> [ Please don't keep the BTS cced if you reply unless you want to express a
> concern about the dh_python implementation suggested by the bug ]
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> Matthias has been working on integrating python-central support in
> dh_python and submitted #370833:

> This dh_python will use python-central for any binary package with a
> XB-Python-Version: field. There's no optional python-support either.
>
> So anyone unhappy with python-central should really come up with another
> dh_python implementation RSN.

Previously we rolled back Joss's patch because Matthias didn't like it,
and it took him several months to write a new one. Plus, Joss's patch
actually worked, and formed the basis of a system that's now in common
use (python-support).

Since then, a new policy -- from Matthias -- has made that patch
invalid. It's unfair (at best) to demand someone write a replacement
Real Soon Now, when this *is* a replacement, and not soon at all, and
pycentral got a head start because it designed the new policy.
--
Joe Wreschnig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>