Le jeudi 08 juin 2006 à 23:05 +0200, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> > Previously we rolled back Joss's patch because Matthias didn't like it,
>
> no, not because I didn't like it, because it didn't work.

Bullshit.

> If you start speaking about fairness, please consider that
> python-support was uploaded to unstable without any discussion, with
> dh_python forcing python-support for every rebuild of a package.

It was uploaded to unstable. Something that should have happened way
earlier for python-support if you wanted people to test it.

> In
> #370833 Joss claims that "it was decided at debconf to use
> python-support for python modules".  That's plain wrong.

I restate it. That's what was said and that's what we agreed upon.

Anyway, I don't care whether you acknowledge it or not, as you seem to
be going all by yourself when it comes to python packaging. You are
trying to push into Debian things you introduced in Ubuntu, against
other packagers' opinion, just because this is already in Ubuntu.

But Debian decisions are not for Ubuntu to make.

> I do not
> understand why somebody tries to make a point by telling nonsense.

But sadly, I do understand why somebody is trying to make a point by
telling lies. You are trying to make Debian just an outdated copy of
Ubuntu, and well, a few lies couldn't hurt.

> I didn't see any updates for python-support in the past months,

The last update has only one month.

Do you want to talk about the move of python-defaults to python2.4,
which was asked by the release team several months ago, without any
action so far?

> Joss
> refused to change python-support,

You didn't ask anything. But you may note that vorlon asked for several
things, which were all implemented in python-support 0.2 on april 29.

> therefore I did move on with
> python-central, which is now in unstable as well.  I made it clear at
> debconf that it's not a likely option to support both management tools
> in the python packages.

So your approval of the plan at debconf was also a lie?
: :' :           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
`. `'                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]