[Yaroslav Halchenko, 2012-09-28]
> In this talk I would like to briefly present the history of Python in
> Debian (which can be traced to nineties with Python 1.4), outline
> benefits Debian provides for Python users/developers and present what
> to expect in upcoming stable (wheezy) release of Debian.  To
> familiarize listeners with Python-in-Debian ecosystem I will then
> overview core package naming, versioning, and modularization
> conventions in Debian and ongoing QA efforts (build-time testing,

about conventions... please, please, please mention PEP386, PEP396,
PEP390 (, PEP384?, PEP8?) or documents like http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide
- maybe it's not directly related to your talk, but any occasion
is good to try to convince developers to follow conventions.

> full-archive rebuilds, etc). I will briefly present the "Debian
> packaging" helper tools, including recent GSOC project aiming to
> provide automatic packaging of the packages on PyPI.  To facilitate

even today Natalia committed some changes related to exporting build/test
logs, statistics will follow soon, I hope :). We still need a server to
set this up, though - I'll try to arrange a webserver to host generated
repo/logs, but we still need access to a buildd (or a server where we
can set one up) to do the building part - Natalia's tool is prepared to
be invoked in cron and build (using f.e. sbuild) only new packages / for
new architectures or new distributions).

> the synergy between Python and Debian communities, I will accent on
> common sense practices (following PEPs, clean and exhaustive legal
> terms, CI, etc.) which would make any Debian packaging and
> maintainership more efficient and benefit upstream developers. I am
> planing to conclude by presenting few easy ways on how to start using
> Debian.

great!

> As the outcome of the talk, I expect listeners to become more familiar
> with the Debian project goals, standards and principles, become aware
> of integration aspects involved in delivering such plethora of Python
> FOSS solutions, and become intrigued enough to try Debian on their
> systems or in the cloud.

you can also advertise https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php
(for those who want to see build logs from different architectures
of their libraries - we try to enable more and more tests during build)