On Sep 28, 2012, at 09:04 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

>> PEP396,

>Barry, was there any progress?

Nope.  For whatever reason (maybe not enough controversy), there have been no
discussions on this in ages.  I really should try to resurrect it.

>I could start with this one of cause ;) but I hope they all know about
>it by now.  On a related note though:  __file__ -- are we all friends
>again ? ;)

Not sure what you mean about enmity with __file__, but note that as of the
acceptance of PEP 420 (namespace packages), in Python 3.3, __file__ is
completely optional as an attribute of module objects.

Cheers,
-Barry