On May 24, 2013, at 02:55 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>I'm working on updating svn to 0.7.2 and adding Python 3 support.  I'll ask
>for a review once I get something working locally.

r9670

>Here's a question though, and it comes up again and again in different
>contexts (e.g. nosetests).  I guess we should have a /usr/bin/pyflakes and
>/usr/bin/pyflakes3, yeah?

A few suggestions from IRC:

py3flakes - What I don't like about that is that it's harder to locate(1).

Replace the driver (Python) scripts with a shell script that takes a --py3
flag and invokes designated interpreter on the actual code.  I rather like
this, although I can see there are some complications.  You probably have to
sed the right interpreter(s) into a .in file and the actual entry point has to
live somewhere.  You probably also want a --py2 flag for consistency, and for
when Python 3 is the default in Debian <0.5 wink>.  You also have to strip out
that argument and pass in all the others to the real driver script.  What if
those options collide with options the real script accepts?

I kind of like the idea of such a driver shell script.  Thoughts?

-Barry