On May 24, 2013, at 10:02 PM, Jakub Wilk wrote:

>My answer normally would be "ask upstream what is their preference". Although
>in this case the plan didn't work out:
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/pyflakes/+bug/1132892 Either upstream doesn't
>care; or they do, but they're annoyed with the discussion style.

Thanks, I'd missed that bug.  In any case, I started a conversation on
python-dev to see if we can get some general consensus upstream.

>>A few suggestions from IRC:
>>
>>py3flakes
>
>+1
>
>>- What I don't like about that is that it's harder to locate(1).
>
>Who uses that anyway? ;)

Maybe just dinosaurs? <wink>.  But it also makes ls a bit more difficult.  I
guess I'm a -0 on the pyfoo/py3foo naming convention.

>>Replace the driver (Python) scripts with a shell script
>
>Eww! :(

Can you elaborate on what you don't like about that?  I'd like to at least
accurately understand your objections.

Cheers,
-Barry