On 2 September 2015 at 20:35, Ben Finney <ben+deb...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Ben Finney <ben+deb...@benfinney.id.au> writes:

>   According to Robert's earlier message, that means the Distutils
>   metadata file needs to be not in the application's private directory,
>   but in a directory on the Python module search path. That seems odd to
>   me, since this is not amodule import being done.

So this is perhaps the disconnect: I did not say the metadata should
move: it should be in the private directory - it has to be adjacent to
the packages/modules its describing, since if it is present but the
package/module is not that is at the very best confusing for tools
like pip.

That private directory must be on the python search path when running
the application (or the modules can't be imported).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcoll...@hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist