Scott Kitterman <sc...@kitterman.com> writes:

> Personally, I don't know enough to have an opinion.  I'm interested in the
> views of DPMT members with gbp pq experience.  What's the consensus about
> branch naming (all I know is for git-dpm, it was pretty hard wired)?

I tend to think that branching will easier with git pq. I seem to
remember some maintainers having problems with non-standard branch names
under git dpm. So one valid reason for not adopting different branches
will no longer apply.

I personally think that DEP14 would be a good idea. I think the only
difference people would notice is that master is renamed to
debian/master.

We would need to be careful though, having both a master and a
debian/master - even during transition planning - could be
confusing. Which one do I update? Probably no way to mark a branch read
only on alioth either (?).

After the transition, what happens to the master branch? Do we delete
it?
--
Brian May <b...@debian.org>