Dear Python Team,
dear Jonathan,

first of all, please take my congratulations for the Debian 12 release yesterday.

I'm member of the upstream maintenance team of "Back In Time" [1].
In short: I would like to switch its Debian Maintainer to "Debian Python Team (DPT)".

I'm a little concerned that the way I'm addressing this is perceived as rude. I'm not that familiar with how things work here yet.
I tried to contact some persons in private before this.

Currently Jonathan Wiltshire is official DM for that package.
I'm sure he makes a good job as DM. But other packages might have higher priorities. He do not response in time and in some topics never. As upstream maintainer I miss the dialog with "my distro maintainer". Also there was a RFS [2] without concrete response/decision. It wasn't clear to me if it wasn't uploaded because of the Freeze or just because no one was there to do it.

In the last weeks before the Debian release there where other people around supporting me.
Fabio Fantoni, Fabian Wolff and Sven Geuner for example.

On the site of the Team is there a possibility to take over as DM for the package?
Is there a defined process how this should be done?

Thanks in advance.
Christian Buhtz

[1] -- <https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/backintime>
[2] -- <https://bugs.debian.org/1033829>