On 10/31/23 13:27, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
Hi Thomas,

On 31/10/23 at 13:08 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
Hi,

I'm not really sure what's going on, but I saw many packages marked as RC
buggy with Sphinx 7.1, docutils 0.20, however, both are still in
Experimental, not in Unstable. I tried rebuilding those, and in built fine.
I therefore closed the bugs.

I'm not sure if I was right doing so, and what's the intention behind
bumping severity to serious. Is this for preparing before the upload of
sphinx+docutils to unstable? If so, I would strongly suggest explaining this
in bug entries, stating the intention is to upload sphinx and docutils very
soon. Otherwise, like me, someone may wrongly close the bugs after a
successful rebuild.

See this message:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1042585;msg=7
and this comment from Dmitry Shachnev:
# Dear Maintainers, I am going to upload Sphinx 7.2.6 to unstable next weekend.
# That will make these packages FTBFS in sid, which is a release-critical bug.
# The new docutils will be uploaded after Sphinx migrates to testing.

Lucas

Hi Lucas,

First of all, thanks for your care doing this BTS dance. I'm just trying to improve things, but this is not at all a strong critic, I appreciate the work being done.

However, I missed it, because it didn't appear in the bug report itself. I certainly will not be the only one not seeing it, which is why I wrote this message. If it isn't too much work, I would suggest adding a few words in each BTS entry.

BTW, I closed the OpenStack related bugs, but I believe upgrading python3-openstackdocs will fix it. The new theme builds, but when using it, I get:

dh_sphinxdoc -O--buildsystem=python_distutils
dh_sphinxdoc: error: debian/python-openstacksdk-doc/usr/share/doc/python-openstacksdk-doc/html/search.html does not load searchindex.js

I'm not sure how to fix it, but I'll find out. So please don't re-open bugs, I'll take care of that next week, and just fixing the docs theme should fix it.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)