ops... I have correct only the path for the var ExecStartPre

Now I have done a new test with both paths updated:

- I have copied the file kdm.service to /lib/systemd/system/kdm.service
- I have rebooted the system

kdm is not started, the output of systemctl status kdm shows me the service as inactive, the same of the previous test

● kdm.service - KDE Display Manager
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/kdm.service; static)
  Drop-In: /run/systemd/generator/kdm.service.d
           └─50-kdm-$x-display-manager.conf
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:kdm(1)

I don't think to have understand what you mean with "kdm works as expected
after a fresh install."
The bug reported here is minor. KDM works for me if the system is booted without the kdm.service file.

I just wanted to point out a lack of compatibility between the KDM and systemd. This before to know that SDDM will be the new replacement of KDM