Hi Adrian and Lisandro!

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 10:35:25PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Would it be possible that the patch from David [1] gets included in the
> next upload with the dependencies adjusted in debian/control for the
> affected architectures?
>
> I know the patch isn't perfect, but it helps us unblocking the reverse
> dependencies of qttools. Currently, I have manually build qttools with
> the patch and re-upload every the Qt team uploads a new qttools version
> which feels like a sisyphos task [2].

What do you think of splitting qdoc into a separate package?

This way the packages that need it might explicitly build-depend on that
package and dep-wait instead of getting build failures on some architectures.

Also we will be able to use the Architecture: field and a proper install file
instead of this hack in debian/rules.

If you want we can upload the patch as-is now and then do a follow-up upload
to the NEW queue introducing the new package.

(Or maybe we can add Provides: qt5-qdoc [arch1 arch2…] which should be the
same with regards to Build-Depends: field of other packages. But I like
splitting more.)

--
Dmitry Shachnev