On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:03:06PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> But the whole point of my bug report, and write up, is that
>
>    46
>
> out of 516 package need a rebuild.
>
> So I continue to argue [2] that we should rebuild these 46, not force all 516.

If I may ask, "why?".

When you find yourself sending this to the debian-devel mailing
list ...

> - I filed it on July 16.
> - I followed up on July 29.
> - I followed up on August 6.
> - I answered a question on August 10.
> - I followed up on August 19.
> - I answered a question on August 26, and followed up on August 26.
>
> I am at wits end.
>
> Dirk

... please, consider the price it's having on your sanity.

It seems that the whole set of R packages is 0.5GB of binaries.
By comparison, a minor bugfix in texlive-bin results in a 1GB
download for anyone who's installed it from Unstable.

Regards,
Steve