Hi!

On 2018-03-10 at 16:35 (+0100), Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

[...]

>> while vips on some weird missing dependencies where openexr is not
>> involved, it seems.
>
> Can you file a bug for this?

Gonna do it asap.

> BTW I see in your changelog:
>
> openexr (2.2.1-2) experimental; urgency=medium
>
>   * debian/: SONAME bump 22 -> 23
>   * debian/control: add Breaks and Replaces for library replacement
>
> So IIUC, you upgraded 2.2.1-1, which bumped the SONAME, without bumping the
> binary package name. Then you uploaded 2.2.1-2 with updated package name for
> the
> bumped SONAME. However since both libopenexr22_2.2.1-1 and
> libopenexr23_2.2.1-2
> ship libopenexr.so.23, you had to add some Breaks/Replaces. But you added:
>
> Package: libopenexr23
> Version: 2.2.1-2
> Replaces: libopenexr22 (<< 2.2.1-2)
> Breaks: libopenexr22 (<< 2.2.1-2)
>
> That's unnecessarily broad, as it breaks against libopenexr22_2.2.0-11.1 that
> we
> have in testing, when it shouldn't. That will cause pain during the
> transition.
> Can you instead update the Breaks/Replaces to something like
>
>   libopenexr22 (= 2.2.1-1)
>
> or
>
>   libopenexr22 (>= 2.2.1)
>
> That should still conflict against the bad versions but not against the good
> ones.
>
> Basically if you can install libopenexr22/testing with libopenexr23, then
> we're
> good to go.

That's what I've done now: I've just uploaded -3 revision that fixes the
Breaks/Replaces with the first option you provided. And I've tested the
co-installability of libopenexr22 from testing and libopenexr23 from
experimental.

Cheers.

--
Matteo F. Vescovi || Debian Developer