On Sat 2012-08-25 (16:34), Philipp Kern wrote:

> Upstream could be petitioned to remove that clause... (I sort of understand
> it,
> too, but it's clearly against Debian's standards.)

"Upstream" is me, the original author of F*EX.
No, I will not remove the anti-military clause in the license.

> Well, it could still be moved to non-free.

Sounds as a good compromise solution for me.

> I wonder how it passed NEW in the beginning, though. It was always that way,
> you say?

Yes, the anti-military clause was there since the beginning of the project.
What I have changed lately was the basis license from GPL to AGPL.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlac...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de