Ulli Horlacher <frams...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
> On Sat 2012-08-25 (16:34), Philipp Kern wrote:
>
>> Upstream could be petitioned to remove that clause... (I sort of understand
>> it,
>> too, but it's clearly against Debian's standards.)
>
> "Upstream" is me, the original author of F*EX.
> No, I will not remove the anti-military clause in the license.

Then the (A)GPL might be the wrong license for you.  At least newer
versions explicitly allow ignoring such terms:

    If the Program as you received it, or any part of it, contains a
    notice stating that it is governed by this License along with a term
    that is a further restriction, you may remove that term.

Older versions also don't work with additional restrictions.  Adding
them will make the program undistributable by anyone except the
copyright holder (as the GPL requires to distribute it under GPL with no
further restrictions, but now there are some).

Ansgar