Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: unblock

Please unblock package gcc-4.6-doc

Although it just reached sid, I believe it's should be allowed into
wheezy. This package contains documents for gcc-4.6 (cpp, gcc, gccgo, gcj
and gnat) in manpages, info, html and pdf.

We need good and updated document for gcc, however GFDL with front/back
cover texts (or invariant sections) prevented that to be distributed in
gcc-4.6 which is in main, so a separated package in non-free is
needed.[1] As current default version of gcc is 4.6/4.7, depending
on arch, so I packaged both for wheezy. I also plan to upload
gcc-doc-defaults in two weeks, which will update the un-versioned
symlinks for manpages and info.

The only sensible debdiff is between gcc-4.4-doc-non-dfsg_4.4.4.nf1-1
and gcc-4.6 4.6.3-1, but it's large and gzipped to more than 800k, so I
don't think it's really useful.

[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001

unblock gcc-4.6-doc/4.6.3-1

Best regards,