于 2012年10月13日 22:23, Adam D. Barratt 写道:
Control: tags -1 + moreinfo

On 05.10.2012 16:47, Guo Yixuan wrote:
Please unblock package gcc-4.6-doc

Although it just reached sid, I believe it's should be allowed into
wheezy. This package contains documents for gcc-4.6 (cpp, gcc, gccgo, gcj
and gnat) in manpages, info, html and pdf.

Why is the package's Maintainer field set to someone who has no obvious
connection with the package?

This is because Samuel did most of the packaging work half a year ago, and I just updated it to match current gcc version and fixed some problems. However, he didn't managed to upload this package to sid (eg. by asking a sponsor), and didn't replied me about the maintenance of this package. I've been waiting for his reply for two weeks.

FYI, Samuel's work is avaible at github[1].

[1] https://github.com/SamB/debian-gcc-doc

Is it appropriate to just take over maintenance in this case? If so, I will change the maintainer field to myself and remove Samuel, then upload a 4.6.3-2 version.

Perhaps the DMUA field adds some security concern. However currently, neither Samuel nor I am a DM. In later versions, I'll just drop DMUA field and ask my sponsor, Steffen, to use the new DM permission interface (after I become a DM).

Regards,

Guo Yixuan