On 13.10.2012 16:24, Guo Yixuan wrote:
于 2012年10月13日 22:23, Adam D. Barratt 写道:
Why is the package's Maintainer field set to someone who has no obvious
connection with the package?

This is because Samuel did most of the packaging work half a year
ago, and I just updated it to match current gcc version and fixed some
problems. However, he didn't managed to upload this package to sid
(eg. by asking a sponsor), and didn't replied me about the maintenance
of this package. I've been waiting for his reply for two weeks.

FYI, Samuel's work is avaible at github[1].

[1] https://github.com/SamB/debian-gcc-doc

Is it appropriate to just take over maintenance in this case? If so,
I will change the maintainer field to myself and remove Samuel, then
upload a 4.6.3-2 version.

Well, you could keep him in uploaders if you think he's likely to contribute further to the package in the archive. Having him listed as maintainer seems somewhat strange, at least imo.

I'd also suggest mentioning in the changelog that you used his packaging as a base.

Perhaps the DMUA field adds some security concern. However currently,
neither Samuel nor I am a DM. In later versions, I'll just drop DMUA
field and ask my sponsor, Steffen, to use the new DM permission
interface (after I become a DM).

The DMUA field is in the process of being deprecated, as you mentioned. It's certainly not appropriate to be setting it where none of the people involved are DMs; it's not really worth adding to new packages in any case. Uploading a new source with DMUA set is also a little unusual.

Regards,

Adam