Hi,

Dmitry Smirnov wrote (12 Dec 2012 22:40:05 GMT) :
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:30:14 intrigeri wrote:
>> Dmitry Smirnov wrote (12 Dec 2012 01:16:15 GMT) :
>> > There were no reply from maintainer in #688574 so perhaps it would
>> > be better to set Daniel as owner of this bug...
>>
>> Please do it if you feel it's useful.

> Waht would you do?

If there was a bug I really wanted to see fixed in Wheezy, I would
1. talk to the maintainer and possibly 2. prepare an upload for t-p-u.

>> Given the crash fixed by 4.2.0+20120521-3 has severity normal,
>> I'm unsure it's worth the effort.

> I'm not sure if "normal" is an adequate severity for crash.

I've no idea how far the implications go, so I have no opinion on this
matter. I'd like to hear the maintainer's opinion.
Daniel, what do you think?
(You might want to read #691115 first, to get some context.)

> For example "handbrake" (not in testing) was unusable (crashing on
> DVD open) with libdvdread prior to 4.2.0+20120521-3.

The effects of this bug on a package that is not in testing is hardly
relevant to the requested unblock. Please find a more relevant example
to illustrate the case :)

>> Dmitry, you filed the unblock request that is now outdated,
>> what do you think?

> We can close it if you think that's the right thing to do. What else
> we can do?

If it's worth it, going through t-p-u might be an option.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri