Hi,

On 08:42, Craig Small wrote:
> I thought that: New package goes into SID = no real problem.

That's maybe only true for 'leaf' packages in sid.  And anything in
experimental.

> The frozen set of packages come from testing, not Sid, so as long
> as procps wasn't moved from Sid to testing, then it would not
> mess up the "don't change libraries" stage we're in now.

But the buildd chroots take packages from sid, so a reverse-dependency
of procps could pick up a dependency on procps >= 1:3.3.10;  then that
package then can't migrate unless procps does too.

And still, if a reverse-dependency FTBFS because of the procps change,
that could delay the transition of some other library.  (And yet more
packages that were waiting on it to migrate).

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
ste...@pyro.eu.org