Le 23/06/2015 23:45, Eric Cooper a écrit :
> I've updated approx to version 5.5-2 to fix the build failure due to
> deprecation of String.create in 4.02.

Thank you.

> So I'd appreciate it if someone could build it from the master branch
> of git.debian.org/git/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/approx.git and upload
> it.

Done.

> BTW, I still believe -warn-error is good engineering practice, even
> though it's inconvenient during transitions like this.  So rather than
> turn it off completely, I turned off only the warning due to
> deprecated features.

It might be good for development or continuous integration, where
upstream is in charge of fixing things. But for software uploaded to
Debian, I don't think it's the Debian maintainer's job to fix all new
warnings a package may trigger. That's why I think -warn-error
(especially -warn-error A) should not be used in released software.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane