Le 19/06/2015 12:56, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort a écrit :
> I see some of the failing packages have in the log:
>
>  -> Finished parsing the build-deps
> Wrong version of OCaml!
>
> That does that mean the package couldn't be built because of the dependency
> problems you mention?

Indeed.

> My only concern here is that with 41 failing packages, the transition may take
> quite a while to finish, blocking other stuff. That'd be different if most of
> those packages will just build fine after the binNMUs, but I have no idea if
> that's the case...

No, it's not the case. However, having an old version of OCaml in
unstable also blocks other stuff: new versions of OCaml-related stuff
start picking up new features of OCaml so we cannot update them before
OCaml. Moreover, sometimes, fixes for failing packages need the new
version of OCaml. That's why I am in favour of removing packages from
testing in order to update OCaml. IMHO, failing packages can be fixed later.

> I do wonder how many of those are actual failures, of those, how many are
> maintained by the ocaml team and how many are not...

I've recompiled everything with the final ocaml 4.02.2, fixing a few
things on the way. The build logs are available at:

  http://ocaml.debian.net/debian/ocaml-4.02.2/

There are 34 MISSING packages. I have attached a summary.

> BTW if you have filed bugs for the failing packages, please make them block
> this
> tracking bug.

I will.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane

Not in testing:
  llvm-toolchain-3.6
  llvm-toolchain-snapshot
  ocamlduce
  janest-core

Use compiler internals, should be removed from testing if needed:
  jocaml
  mingw-ocaml
  cmigrep
  otags
  cduce
  js-of-ocaml
  eliom (needs js-of-ocaml)
  nurpawiki (needs eliom)

Maintained by the Debian OCaml Team:
  coq-doc (fix in coq)
  ocaml-fdkaac (dep issue, libfdk-aac-dev)
  coccinelle (dep issue, camlp4)
  lablgtk-extras (Some fatal warnings were triggered)
  ocaml-reins (Some fatal warnings were triggered)
  approx (Some fatal warnings were triggered)
  dose3 (issue in RPM bindings, #789354)
  ocaml-gettext (segfault, suspicious double linking of Unix)
  ocamldap
  matita (a class type should be virtual)
  ocsigenserver (dep issue)
  opam
  why
  liquidsoap
  coinst
  nss-passwords (int types, I am upstream)

Maintained by others:
  monotone-viz
  plplot (configure error)
  libguestfs (needs ocaml-gettext)
  virt-top (needs ocaml-gettext)
  zeroinstall-injector (string/bytes discrepancy)
  botch (needs dose3)