On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 05:12:30PM -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
> No.  The hook script was written by me years ago, and I put it in the
> bug report, but it was never incorporated into the official package.

You were of course right all along. I'll add the hook script to the
package ASAP (I just tested it). WAIT_FOR_SYSFS probably has to go,
because it's long deprecated, so I'll retry testing without it. But
apart from that it works.

Root on LVM should work afterwards as long as you have /boot outside
of it (zipl requirement). It requires another patch to zipl-installer to
make it work, but I have and tested that part already. (Essentially
taken from lilo-installer.)

Kind regards and thanks
Philipp Kern