Hello Steve,

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:26:32PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:22:36PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
>
> > I have read http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/174 about
> > this topic and have done what the article suggested:
> > "~# gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv 4F368D5D"
>
>   This imports the key for the Debian Unstable archive.
>
> > Got a timeout here.
>
>   Firewall?

Maybe

> > "Or if you wish you can download it from the internet, from
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/ -
> > towards the bottom of the page there's a link to the file
> > "ziyi_key_2005.asc".
> >
> > Download this and import it as follows:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# cat ziyi_key_2005.asc | gpg --import"
>
>   (Bad '"' on the end of that command line.. mistake in copy + paste?)

Probably.  It did seem to work when I executed the command.

> > I have done this but I still get the following on aptitude update (on
> > sid):
> >
> > W: GPG error: ftp://archive3.sun.ac.za unstable Release: The following
> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> > available: NO_PUBKEY F1D53D8C4F368D5D
>
>   This is a completely different key - here the complain is that the
>  archive you have in your apt.sources list, for archive3.sun.ac.za,
>  is signed with a key 'F1D53D8C4F368D5D' which you don't have imported.

Ok, but the archive on archive3.sun.ac.za is just a mirror from a
primary debian upstream source.  Do I have to generate a spesific key
for my server?

> >W: GPG error:
> > ftp://archive3.sun.ac.za unstable Release: The following signatures
> > couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
>
>   And the error says as much.  The signature isn't verified because
>  you're missing the key.
>
> > NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907 W: You may want to update the package lists
> > to correct these missing files
>
>   Find the key that the archive is signed with, import it as you
>  did for the main Sid/Etch archive and all should be well.

And where do I find this key?

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not
      lean on your own understanding."
                                        Proverbs 3:5