Hi,

On 25-01-2023 20:14, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 08:34:40PM +0100, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
So in my understanding of the above the situation around singularity-container,
which lead for buster to https://bugs.debian.org/917867 and keeping it out of
the stable release, did not really change in the aspect of beeing able to patch
vulnerabilities to the stable branch once upstream versions moved on, is this
correct interpretation? In context from #917867, it was even in stretch at
first, but needed to be removed after stretch was released in a point release.

If this is correct, then we probably should not include singularity-container
in bookworm, better than possibly need to remove it after bookworm release in a
point release.

Agreed.

Cheers,
         Moritz

I have forwarded this message as bug #1029669. Unless we get more confidence that it's supportable, let's keep it out of stable. I guess fasttrack [1] is currently the best forum to supply singularity-container to our users.

Paul

[1] https://fasttrack.debian.net/