Thanks to all you guys for your suggestions. I'll have to study a while before I decide how to proceed as I tend to get symlinks backwards even after reading man. I actually feel more comfortable resizind partitions. One thing I'd like to kow before closing this thread, how does one know, or read, just what's in the hda2 / partition or any partition for that matter. ls /, of course, gives the entire / subdirectory for the linux disc. I would also very much appreciate any guidance, recommendations on just how much more space to add to the root partition to be safe in the future. Currently I have woody and sarge installed on my HD with lost tty terminals on both and X(KDE) not working on woody(devfs problem) so I have alot of fixing to do. How much of my current problems are caused by lack of room on / part, I don't know, buy suspect there all related. Again, thanks for all your
input.

Leonard Chatagnier