--- "Steve C. Lamb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     Oddly enough when you said "share a common theme" my first
> reaction is
> "that's a WM" as a WM controls the widgets on the application which
> is part of
> the theme.

No, I meant it from an aesthetical point of view only.  Umm, where did
you get the idea that a WM controls the widgets on an application?
That's not true.

>     So how does XFCE4 fail that test?  Let's see, I have 3 file
> managers to
> choose from.  XFFM, Konqueror, Nautilus.  Those were configured
> automagically.
> I could add more if I like, just like a WM.

Because XFCE4 has XFFM built into it -- that's the file manager that is
used.  Yes, you can use another one if you like, but that commonality
between applications will then be lost.

>     BTW, when trying to rid myself of Windows earlier this year I was
> using
> Nautilus under KDE as installed by Ubuntu.

Yes, that's your right to do so.

>     Actually I've found WMs lacking at managing windows.  I consider
> starting
> a window with the desired application part of good management.
> Configuring
> that portion for most WMs is a PITA.  The other portions they are

Configuring that aspect is usually what makes the whole process fun,
IMO.  I am curious though which WMs you feel were "lacking" in that
regard.  I'd have said the issue isn't so much with the WM, as it might
have been with the application, for reasons I won't bore you with.

-- Thomas Adam