I'm trying to get IP aliasing going on my brand-spankin' new Debian 1.1 box.
It doesn't appear to be compiled in, and  I couldn't find it in
/lib/modules/current/ipv4.

So, my last recourse is to compile a new kernel. However, the thing I'm
afraid of is not compiling in some feature that is in the stock
debian 1.1 kernel. An example would be my network card. I'm not sure
what driver my network card is being driven by; I just know that it's
working right now, and I'd hate to accidentally not compile its driver
into the kernel (especially since I'm doing this all over the net, and,
if the networking stops working, I'll have to actually pay a visit to the
physical machine).

So, I have a few questions:

1 - To save me the trouble, does anyone have an ip_alias.o that works with
    the 2.0.6 kernel? You can send it to me via MIME, if you please.

2 - When I run "make config" on the kernel source, where is that info
    put? Say, for example, that I forgot to enable *one* driver that I
    needed, and I didn't want to go back through that torturous Q&A of
    "make config" again. Where's the file I can go to to change that
    single "N" to a "Y" and run "make depend" again.

3 - Suppose I wanted to make my new kernel as identical to the stock one;
    basically as a good place to start from while I turn on IP aliasing.
    Is there a way to extract (or a place to get) the the config file that
    was used to make the kernel I've got? Is there any chance that the
    default settings for the debian kernel-source package are set to
    the same settings as what generated the current kernel?

Thanks in advance.

- Joe