In your email to me, Bill Vinson, you wrote:

> I just decided to reinstall so I would have the chance to install modules
> to work with the SN2000CT ethernet card.  It says it is 100% NE2000
> Ethernet compatible and when I opted to install the NE2000 module I got the
> following error:
>
>       nc.c:  module autoprobing not allowed.  Append "io=0xNNN" value(s).
>       Initialization of ne failed
>
>       Installation failed.
>
> What does this mean?  I'm pretty sure the card is set in the 16-bit slot
> firmly.  Did I get a useless ethernet card?  Is there a good way to test if
> it is in fact available?

I think 0x320 it the 'standard' spot the ne2k cards live. At the prompt
for additional command line options (or what ever it is), add
"io=0x320" and see if that works

Tim

--
 (work) [EMAIL PROTECTED] / (home) [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
   "It's almost impossible to overestimate the unimportance of most things."