Linuxconf handles mailertable databases?  I am not talking about
sendmail.cf here.  Even if Linuxconf DID handle it, poking in the routing
information for 50 sites by hand from uucp maps is rediculous when you
just run a single command (pathalias) that configured the routing table
for you.

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Network Administrator wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, George Bonser wrote:
> > Yeah, sendmail is ok till you have to deal with editing routing for a
> > large uucp network :)  mailertables are a PAIN compared to pathalias.
>
> Ah but Linuxconf presumably insulates one from the gory details, so the
> ease of use of Linuxconf kind of makes up for the lack of ease of use of
> the underlying config files that Linuxconf manipulates for one; and
> Linuxconf doesnt handle smail at all. That was what convinced me to make
> the switch to sendmail, after long staying with smail for its easier
> configuring. ts hard to get easier than Linuxconf, and if it lacks
> something, bitching to Linuxconf's author tends to get results fairly
> swiftly lately.
>
> Blessed Be. -MarkM-
>
> --
> We do remote Linux install, config, support and administration. Inquire.
> "The saddest thing is they WANT to be ignorant, INSIST on it in fact."

George Bonser
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]