On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:15:00 +0200, Joost Kooij wrote:

>I find it very hard to believe that Bruce is acting on himself. I firmly
>believe that his decisions are based upon serious discussions between
>many

No developer has yet to post that the new 'policy' of backlogging rev numbers
was
discussed and decided on the devel list.

>developers. At least, that is what the outcome of most discussions point
>at: many people agree with the decisions made and they appear to have
>solid
>arguments in most cases.

Not in this case.

>It is pretty ridiculous to just finger-point at Bruce. Partly because it
>disregards his efforts, but mostly because it disregards Debian and the
>way it happens to work.
>
>> If Debian is truly a non-profit organization, then why not put the
>> articles of incorporation on the website immediately. It just isn't
>> ethical to ask for donations without showing the public how the
>> organization is controlled, how officers and directors are elected and
>> exactly what the outlook is for changing the leadership should problems
>> arise.
>
>If you had brought your points in a more considered tone, people might
>actually agree with you on some of these points.

If you, or these people you mention are so brain-damaged that they can't agree
with
something soley on it's merits but instead disagree soley and the way it was
mentioned, then their opinion doesn't count very much for me.