On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, butch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> well i was in J&R music worlds computer store and i saw the set- ,and they
> have a really good price on it. has anyone bought it and what are your
> opinions of the value for money?

I believe that you are asking about my current book on Debian. I asked my
publisher how I might reply to your inquiry and here is his response.

The list price of book is $37.95.  Some stores discount it.  As to its
value --- yes, you can find Debian cheaper.  However, both a useful
book and 30 days of technical support are included with the product.
We aren't aware of any other companies offering support with their
Debian release.

I should also point out that he failed to mention the "Official" 2 CD set,
plus a third, custom CD with several extras, like Drop in Debian.

As the author, I feel unqualified to speak to the book's quality, or
usefulness. For that I must rely on feedback from folks who have actually
tried to use its help. There is a freely distributable html version of the
book that can be obtained from www.linuxpress.com as well as ordering
facilities at the same location for those who want a nice hardcopy.

Luck,

Dwarf

      e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Tallahassee, FL  32308