I wrote a e-mail to gateway2000's tech support team asking them if Linux
was compatible with my Promise Ultra 33 here is an EXACT copy of what was
returned:

Hello Allen,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunatly, Linus has not been tested on any
system that Gateway sells and therefore we off no support for that
operating system. If the system works in the original operating system
that we shipped, then that is what we support.
Sorry for the inconvience,

----

Notice the 'Linus' ?? What the h*ll was he somking? Crack?