Fuzzy wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Allen Burns wrote:
>
> > Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 21:53:13 -0700
> > From: Allen Burns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > I wrote a e-mail to gateway2000's tech support team asking them if Linux
> > was compatible with my Promise Ultra 33 here is an EXACT copy of what was
> > returned:
> >
> > Hello Allen,
> >
> > Thanks for your message. Unfortunatly, Linus has not been tested on any
> > system that Gateway sells and therefore we off no support for that
> > operating system. If the system works in the original operating system
> > that we shipped, then that is what we support.
> > Sorry for the inconvience,
> >
> > ----
> >
> > Notice the 'Linus' ?? What the h*ll was he somking? Crack?
> >

> hmms... I had not realized that Linus was an OS.  Obviously I need to
> manufacturers technologists know less about thier product then you,
> the end user, do?

Hehe, you said it.  Most of these companies out here in digital land,
have one core group of techies, and one core group of management type
flunkies.  The techies create it/design it, and the management sells
it.  The rest of the cast of motley characters are just stand ins,
usually out-sourced by way of temporary employment agencies, IE: They're
warm bodies, seeking a paycheck and an easy job.

There are companies I know that are SO obsolete in their technical
knowledge, it makes you wonder just how they still manage to survive. It
scares me.  Some of these include MAJOR telecommunications giants.

But that's good news.  Because as technology advances faster, and
faster.. those same companies are in for some SERIOUS turnover of
management and they'll be forced to pay BIG bucks to the rest of us who
DO know what's going on to save their collective ass.

Corporations are beating the proverbial "dead horse", pretty soon
they're going to be forced to take a BIG leap, instead of the small baby
steps they have been taking, and embrace a critical mass of new
technology if they want to stay competitive (especially with all of the
smaller companies popping up that DO have a clue).

Anyways.. sorry I waxed philosophic..

I found it humorous, and, oh so status quo.