On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Kevin Traas wrote:

> Thanks for the comments.  My apologies for not providing enough information.
>
> I do have everything set properly as mentioned above.  The Win95 clients
> have the "Log onto Network" option checked and running "winipcfg" on them
> reveals that DNS, WINS, IP, Mask, Gw, etc. are all configured as expected.
>
> Any other suggestions?

ummm, I'll put on my MCSE hat (blush) and say: try rebuilding the WINS
database, check that browsing works with an NT RAS server, and not with
Debian... errr, beyond that, I can only say that it's why I'm not a
practising MCSE (even though the 'exams' i had to take were a complete
joke...)

(sorry for the off-topic-ness)

Thomas.

----
M$ slips up in true Freudian style...
Seminar attendee: "Why is [Outlook] so slow?"
M$ rep:           "That's because it's live on the network."
Seminar attendee: "As opposed to...?"
Stop the madness!  Free yourselves!  http://www.opensource.org/