> : Who is right and who is wrong?  I would have to say neither.  Each of us
> : is entitled to their own interpretation.
>
> Sure.  You're entitled to any interpretation you please, but that
> doesn't make you "right".  Take a look at the jargon file.

Hey, I agree that the term "hacker" is misused.  However, just because
something is in some jargon file doesn't make it right either.  History
books, for example, are many times right from the author's point of view
but may be completely incorrect from the point of view of the people that
the history book describes.

You say "potato", I say "POTATO."  (Need some voice e-mail for this one
:P)

Again, I do agree with you on the misuse of the term hacker.  (This is
just a preventative measure on my part so that I don`t nailed with
flames...heh.)

Sorry to keep this thread on the Debian list, guys.

-Ossama