Carroll Kong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Wow... this thing really is unstable.  I got about 6 or so packages that
> said that dependency errors were floating around... sigh.  Well, no big deal,
> right?  I did what you guys said, got it installed via ftp.... some packages
> failed, no big deal.  I rebooted... now Accelerated X 4.1 is dead.  Gave me
> some
> odd segmentation fault errors.. Ok... no big deal, reinstall it... now it can
> figure out some symbols and dependencies.  Someone once told me to install
> debian 1.3.1R6 RAW... then immediately run the script to avoid problems like
> this.  Anyone know what is causing these things to kill my Accelerated X?

What does `ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/X...' say?  ("X..." is whatever
Accelerated X call their server.)  You might have to install some
packages from oldlibs/* for non-Debian programs to work, even if there
are no dependencies on them.

If you don't upgrade everything, you'll have some problems with
dependencies on (IIRC) elf-x11r6lib, which don't matter.  But you
should *never* use the --force-... options to dpkg.  The best solution
would be to get the hamm versions of the packages when you have
problems.

It would also be useful if you could write down the problems you have
and report them so we can get it working better when it's finally
released.

          GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."