Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> Don't be stupid ;)what exactly that means well...ya got me....
> I have messed up my own system more than once
OK, you've got me wrong. How do I avoid this thing with loosing the
access. And without a warning !!!
About messing the system because of new packages, you're right: I also
messed my system for several times and I'm aware it will happen in the
future too. 8-)

> I use them simply because I hit Y at install time...if it required mor ethna
> that
> I wouldn't
Same for me.

Actually this system is not my home one, but it's the one from the
office. Something for protection like shadow would be nice, though we
don't have any secret data. For this system I'm the administrator (not a
good one as you see) so I have to manage by myself. And with your help,
I hope.

Ionutz