In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:
: This might sound like a dumb question, but how do you check where a symbolic
link
: points to?  I understand what you're talking about, and I can see X in the
: /usr/X11R6/bin directory, but I don't know what to do from there to get it to
point
: to my current SVGA server (I'm using a Hercules Terminator 64/3D S3 virge
card,
: FYI).  Thanks for any help you can give.

Try "ls -la file_or_directory". To change the link try "ln -s target
symbolic_link_that_points_to_target".

Right,

                                                        MartinS