Katharine Osborne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
KO> I'm trying to install the xlib6g package and am
KO> getting the following error:
KO>
KO> dpkg: error processing xlib6g_3.3.2.2-1.deb
KO> (--install):
KO>  trying to overwrite
KO> '/usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6.3', which is also in
KO> package xlib6
KO> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal
KO> (Broken pipe)
KO> Errors were encountered while processing:
KO>  xlib6g_3.3.2.2-1.deb

Hmm...you're upgrading from bo to hamm?  Try installing the xlib6
package from hamm before installing xlib6g.  The hamm xlib6 packages
puts the libc5 versions of the X libraries someplace different, so the
two sets of libraries don't run into each other.

--
/                             \       "Dad was reading a book called