> Alexander Kushnirenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > WHAT DOES NOT WORK:
> > Centralised process, no clashes, but afbackup = afclient = Does not
> > work.  Briefly it's a specail type of installation (remote client)
> > of afbackup-client that is missing in slink.  Please correct me if
> > I'm wrong here.
>
> You talk about the /usr/lib/afbackup/rexec directory?  According to
> this entry in the HOWTO... file:

>   This starts an incremental backup on the supplied host. Each program
>   on the remote host lying in the directory configured as
>   Program-Directory in the configuration file of the serverside
>   installation part of the remote host (default:
>   $BASEDIR/server/rexec) can be started, but no other. The entries may
>   be symlinks, but they must have the same filename like the programs,
>   they point to.
>
> I would assume that these files should be part of afbackup (server
> part).  But there are bundled in the afbackup-client package.  Do you

Hm-m-m... I think it's not a bug.  The program in $BASEDIR/server/rexec are
full_backup and incr_backup.  You want them to be in client, as you run them
as client.  Server start them remotely, but it start it on client.

The issue here is that this third type of installation, may indeed need
special afbackup-remote-client.deb package.  For example you need then line
for afbackupd in /etc/inetd in your afbackup-client package to be set (Server
will knock in the door of client to ask permission to run full_backup) and a
bunch of executables.  BTW Albert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (author of the original
program) confirmed my thoughts about this installation.  Perhaps debian
maintainer decided to implement one version of afbackup, which seems most
natural to him.  That's OK, after all deb packages are working perfectly, in
the configuration when each client is running "full_backup".

Anyway it's a minor problem I think.  After all afbackup is an excellent
program and deb package.

Sasha.