> > Okay, everybody says lyx is great, but for the darnest, I can't get it
> > to work with latex's \typein.
> Hi,
>
> This is my personal opinion.  I'm not particularly enthusiastic about Lyx, it
> does not give me any speed up at all to build TeX file.  It's quite limited
> also.    But more importantly thing that worries me is that there seems to be
> very little support behind LyX,  project looks dying to me.  Please, please
> tell me that I am wrong, after all I would love good interface around TeX.
>
> I use Xemacs AucTeX
>
> Sasha.
>

> --

The author of lyx works heavily on kde.
Since lyx, he has developed klyx.
I believe the klyx version number is in the upper .9*,
more impressive than a lyx of 0.12.
Unfortunately, I don't see a debian version of klyx in either the
hamm or slink distributions.

--
Jim Burt, NJ9L,         Fairfax, Virginia, USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.mnsinc.com/jameson

"A poor man associating with a rich man will soon be too poor
to buy even a pair of breeches."                   --Chinese Proverb