On 1999-03-07 22:47, Mark Wagnon wrote:

> George Bonser wrote:

> I've tried most of the distributions. I started with slackware, dabbled
> with redhat, tried debian 1.3 but wasn't able to get past dselect back
> then, used suse for more that a year, and now I'm settled with debian.

Nothing beats the Windows installation feeling - click <next>, set
time, click <next> "you're doing GREAT", click <yeah>, select printer,
click <next>.  Done (of course I'm leaving out the 3, 5 or 10
reboots).  The clicking gives some accomplishment and there are visual
feedback that we progressing - doesn't that "Printer Test" feel good
(even when you KNOW that it will work)?

[stuff deleted]

> Maybe one of us should write a rebuttal to point out the author's
> misconceptions about debian. Maybe it might even get published.

I would say the odds are 100 to 1 that the author is going to eat his
_opnion_.  The odds of getting any response is of course also against
you.

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind                   Phone:  781.938.5272 (home)
687 Main St., 2nd fl.           Fax:    781.938.6641 (fax/modem)