[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The problem is that I'm downloading on a Win95 machine...I don't think i can
> get dpkg to work on this machine...  I need to see if I can find a utility
> that works on both 95 and linux (yeah right)
>
> Colin Winters

well, you _could_ use rar. but it´s shareware, you have to register if
you use it after a trial-period of 30 days.

alternatively, i would just write a small assembler or turbopascal
programm (maybe basic) to split a large file into chunks that fit on a
disk and put them together with cat on the linux side.

i vaguely remember i have seen such a programm for dos in times long
ago.

hafi