On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> On 13-Sep-99 Robert Rati wrote:
> >
> > How did you get the plugins to build?  I got LIcq .70 (the stable
> > version)
> > to build, but couldn't get ANY plugins to build to it was basically
> > worthless.  What did you do to get the plugins to build?  I am hoping
> > that
> > a new version will fix the problem, but currently, and version I try
> > (including .61 which is what started the problem) will act the same.  I
> > am
> > hoping .70 will fix it, but don't have too much hope.  I've re-complied
> > and re-installed .61 about 3 or 4 times and the problem hasn't gone away.
>
> I see now that I misunderstood one thing.  My machine was not crashing,
> just Licq was crashing.
>
> I am a KDE user, so I had to leave QT 1.44 in place in /usr/local/qt.
> I have installed Qt 2.01 in /usr/local/qt-2.01
>
> First, I do:
>
> export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt-2.01
>
> I untar the Licq tarball and cd into Licq-0.70 and then
>
> ./configure --with-qt-includes=/usr/local/qt-2.01 \
> --with-qt-libraries=/usr/local/qt-2.01 [enter]
>
> when that is done:
>
> make
>
> make install
>
> When that is all done, I cd to the plugins directory and perform the same
> steps I performed above (as root) and then I start with a new ~/.licq
> directory just in case the old one is not compatible.
>
> Also, when you are done, re-export your regular QT directory if you cannot
> use QT 2.00 routinely.  If you are using KDE 1.1.1, that's you.
>
> --
> Andrew

I was able to complie .70 and it miraculously fixed the problem.  Thank
you so much.  Those options to configure were what I needed apparantly.
Works like a champ now!

                                                                Rob

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   1999-00 |
Aka Khyron the Backstabber          |       L    I  NN N  U U  X X  O
ICQ# 2325055                        |       L    I  N NN  U U   X
                                    |       LLL  I  N  N  UUU  X X  O
"Shackles cannot keep me bound      |          A REAL Man's OS!
 forever.  I'm outta here."         |