Brett Shand ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I have gpm running and at the console it is functioning perfectly.
>
> In wmaker (in any of the xshells) it appears to be functioning properly in
> everything except it wont paste <sigh>

X doesn't use gpm, unless you go out of your way to set it up that way.

> I have tried killing gpm (sudo gpm -k), and I have tried it with various
> options all to no avail. It wont paste.  My /etc/profile does not have it
> disabled.

/etc/profile has nothing to do with cutting and pasting in X.

If you have a two-button mouse, you need to make sure you have
Emulate3Buttons turned on in your XF86Config file, and then use both
buttons together to simulate the middle mouse button you're lacking.

If you have a three-button mouse, just use the middle button to paste
whatever is highlighted.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,