On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Robert Waldner wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:34:18 PST, "Eric G . Miller" writes:
> >
> >$ apt-get -d upgrade
> >
> >Only downloads the debs.! No wishlist bug report required.

> I think Wouter meant to download one package at a time, then
> install it, then go fetch the next and so on. This way you could
> do with _a lot_ less free space for keeping the debs before
> installing them...

Hi

Man page for apg-get says

       -d, --download-only
              Download  only;  package  files are only retrieved,
              not unpacked or installed.

I don't see s per-package down load here. It appears to me that
apt-get -d only fetches packages, but doesn't unpack or install.
This sees different from what I'm reading from correspondents.
If I'm not reading this correctly, please enlighten me.

Weasel words: Of course the man pages are not the complete
documentation. I'll continue to RTFM.

If there really is an option or method that will fetch a package,
install it, then delete the package then fetch the next one, I want
to know about it. I only have 1 Gig of disk space right now, with
Deb 2.0, I NEED to upgrade.

--David
David Teague, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)