Steve Lamb wrote:
[snip]
> I have been specific.  I have even given examples!  PMMail and The Bat!
> Screen shots alone for those two products speak volumes!

OK, I've gone and looked at the websites for those two products.  I
can't really test either effectively in the real world since:
  * both cost money I'm not willing to spend on this, and;
  * neither appears to support IMAP, so I'd have to completly redo how I
manage mail just to evaluate the products;

>From what I can see from the websites, however:
  * Both use filters heavily, so I am officially confused as to what
your problem with filtering is
  * PMMail in particular shows mailboxes organized exactly the way I was
suggesting
  * Both look easier to configure than what I was suggesting
  * Both look less powerful and feature-rich than what I was suggesting

Of course, your mileage may vary.
-Gleef